March 13, 2005
Love & dating...32When I was a volunteer at a childcare centre some 6 years ago, there was something that the principal of the centre told me that I remember till today.
There was this girl who I was working with. She was 4 years old. Her family background was such that her parents didn't have time for her. She threw tantrums often in the centre and would cry easily if she didn't get her way. My job was to do reading and story time with her because she liked stories but her language wasn't strong. I liked her a lot. She's a chubby, fair little girl. However, my problem with her was that she didn't like it when I paid attention to other kids in the centre. She would cry and pull me or push her friends away.
Then, the principal came to me. She taught me that I needed the little girl to trust me first. She said that a child wouldn't want to share a person she likes with other people if she is not sure that you belong to her. She said 'what you feel you don't have, you won't want to share'.
As I grow older, and fall in and out of love, I realised... actually, there is a child in every one of us.
Maybe that's what it's all about. Knowing and not knowing, that feeling of uncertainty, insecurity. How to share you when I don't believe you are mine?
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 00:54